Firstly, the Tata Harrier is the first flagship SUV from the brand`s stable. Secondly, the Harrier is based on Tata`s 2.0 IMPACT design language. Also, all future Tata cars will feature the new 2.0 design philosophy. Thirdly, the SUV is built on the Omega Architecture platform which is derived from the Jaguar Land Rover`s D8 architecture. As a result, it is a monocoque platform and offers exceptional torsional rigidity. Apart from this, the SUV offers the best driving dynamics in both off-road and urban conditions. Prices for the Tata Harrier are expected to start from Rs. 13 lakhs onward.
Tata Harrier Price
Rs. 13 – 17 lakhs
Tata Harrier Features
The top of the line variant offers creature comforts that most of its rivals in the segment offer. Some of the key features are –
Exterior Design Features –
- Xenon HID Projector Headlamps
- 3D LED Tail lights
- Stylised Outer Mirror with Logo Projection
Interior Design Features –
- Premium Benecke KalikoTM Oak Brown Perforated Leather# Seat Upholstery
- Leather Door Pad Inserts
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Shift Knob
- Soft Touch Dashboard with Anti Reflective ‘Nappa’ Grain Top Layer
- 8.8 inch floating touching screen infotainment system
- Acoustics by JBL
- Steering mounted audio controls for Audio
- 9 Speaker sound system (4 speaker with 4 tweeter and a subwoofer with amplifier)
- 6 airbags
- Advanced Electronic Stability Control
- Front fog lamps with cornering function
- Robust Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture
Comfort & Convenience
- Push button Start
- Steering wheel with telescopic and tilt adjustment
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Rear Mobile Storage
- Electrically foldable ORVMs
- Rear Armrest with Cup Holders
- Cooled Storage box
- Rear AC Vents
Tata Harrier Specifications
Under the hood, the Harrier is powered by a 2.0 litre, 4-cylinder Kryotec diesel engine. The diesel engine is a derivative of the Fiat Multijet 2.0 unit. It also gets multi-drive modes. The motor develops 140 PS of power and 350 Nm of torque. Power is sent to the front wheels, via a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The Kryotec engine features an advanced EGR system to ensure it meets stringent emission norms. Moreover, the engine gets a (eVGT) electric variable geometry turbocharger. Tata is working on a seven-seat version of the SUV, and it will be launched at a later date.
Because, it is based on the Land Rover`s D8 architecture, the Harrier offers class leading legroom and headroom. However, there is no word yet about a petrol engine or a 4×4 variant at the moment.
|Engine & Performance|
|Max Power||[email protected]|
|Max Torque||[email protected]|
Tata Harrier Mileage
The Harrier delivers an ARAI certified fuel economy of 16.7 kmpl. The mileage also depends on the driving modes being used Eco, City, or Sport mode and the driving conditions.
It is available in 5 attractive colours namely –
- Calisto Copper
- Thermisto Gold
- Ariel Silver
- Telesto Grey
- Orcus White
To sum up, the Tata Harrier is by far the best product from Tata Motors. It directly rivals the likes of the Jeep Compass, XUV500 and Hyundai Creta.
Tata Harrier – Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What type of engine options are available with the Tata Harrier?
All variants of the Tata Harrier are powered by a kryotec diesel engine with the following specifications:
– 1956 cc, 4-cylinder, Kyrotec 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine
– Max Power : 138 bhp @ 3750 rpm
– Max Torque : 350 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
– Gearbox: 6-Speed Manual Transmission
2. How to book Tata Harrier?
The Tata Harrier can be booked online or through any Tata dealership In India for an amount of Rs. 30,000.
3. What is the price of the Tata Harrier?
This SUV from Tata Motors is priced from Rs.12.69 lakhs to Rs. 16.25 lakhs ex-showroom, Delhi.
4. Will the Tata Harrier get a sunroof?
The Harrier does not get a sunroof which is a big let down as its arch rival Hyundai Creta is offered with a sunroof.
5. Will it get an automatic transmission?
The Harrier has been launched with only a manual transmission. An automatic variant is in the pipeline but it will not be launched anytime soon.
6. Is Tata Harrier BSVI compliant?
The 2.0 litre diesel engine powering the SUV is BS IV compliant.
6. What is the boot space on offer and how many passengers can it seat?
It is a 5 seater and can seat 5 passengers in comfort. Since it is based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport platform, it offers loads of legroom for the front and rear passengers. It has a boot capacity of 425 litres, which can be increases to 810 litres by folding the rear seats.
7. When will Tata launch the Harrier?
Tata has launched the Harrier in India on Januray 23rd, 2019.
8. Will it get a 4X4 version?
The company has confirmed that it has no plans of bringing in a 4X4 version of the SUV in the future.
9. What is the fuel tank capacity of the Harrier? How does it perform?
This new SUV from Tata has a fuel tank capacity of 50 litres. It delivers a mileage of 16 Kmpl on the highway and 14 kmpl in city conditions.
10. Is Tata Harrier an electric SUV?
It is not an electric SUV. It is powered by a diesel engine mated to a manual transmission.
11. Is the Harrier worth buying?
Taking into account the value for money pricing and the features it has on offer, the Harrier is definitely worth buying. It gets different driving modes, six airbags, and a long equipment list and safety features.