Upcoming Ford cars in India 2020-21

Ford Motor Company, a well established American automaker, has its main headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, which is a suburb of Detroit. Ford is one of the biggest names in the auto industry and was started in 1903. With a rich legacy and heritage, Ford cars are known for their superior driving dynamics, technology and innovation and build quality. The brand finally entered the Indian market in 1995 and has ruled the hearts of the people with their cars and SUVs. Some of its popular models are the Ford Ecosport, Ford Aspire and the Ford Endeavour. Let`s take a look at some of the upcoming Ford cars in India which the brand plans to launch in the coming months.

Upcoming Ford Cars in India

ModelExpected Price
Ford KugaINR 17 Lakh
Ford MondeoINR 14 Lakh
Ford Ecosport 2020INR 9 Lakh

Ford Kuga

Launch DateMay 2021
Engine1.6 L Ecoboost, 2.0 L TDCi Diesel
TransmissionAutomatic
Mileage16-20 Kmpl

The Ford Kuga SUV was initally set for a launch in 2019. But due to the Covid-19 pandemic the launch got delayed. Under the company`s “One Ford” strategy the Kuga will be introduced in multiple markets to help minimize production costs. Design wise the Kuga looks more like a coupe than a SUV. It looks sporty and doesn’t have the boxy silhouette of an SUV.

The front is characterized by the large honeycomb grille and the smartly integrated fog lamps in the front bumper. The rear end features L-shaped taillamps that wrap around the sides. The twin-exhaust tail pipes enhance the sporty appeal of the car. Engine options include a 1.6 L EcoBoost petrol engine and a 2.0 L TDCi diesel paired to an automatic transmission. Fuel economy will be in the range of 16-20 Kmpl. Inside the cabin, the Kuga features a sporty digital dashboard and premium leather upholstery. The car is expected to launch in India in May 2021.

Ford Mondeo

upcoming ford cars in India -Ford Mondeo
Launch DateMay 2021
Engine1.0 L EcoBoost, 1.6 L TDCi Diesel

Ford had plans to bring the Mondeo to the domestic market but the ongoing pandemic disrupted the launch timeline. A few years back Ford brought the Mondeo to the Indian market but it didn’t perform as expected. However, with growing disposable incomes and a booming economy, Ford has decided to bring in the new Mondeo. As part of the “One Ford” strategy, the sedan will be made available in multiple countries to cut down on production costs.

The Mondeo being a full sized executive sedan will be spacious on the inside and offer performance at the same time. At the front the Mondeo features a black grille with sleek swept back headlights. The bonnet has creases which give the hood more character.Moving onto the side the sharp shoulder line runs upto the D-pillar. The rear end looks more evolved and its sporty character is enhanced by the twin exhaust setup at the rear. The cabin features a touchscreen infotainment system. Engine options will include a 1.0 L Ecoboost petrol engine and a 1.5 L TDCi diesel power-train. Fuel efficiency will be in the range of 16-21 Kmpl.

Ford EcoSport 2021

Image Source
Launch DateJune 2021
Engine1.5 L Petrol, 1.5 L Diesel

The 2021 Ford Ecosport will feature a more rounded front end compared to the current model. The compact SUV is long due for a makeover as the existing model model has been around for a long time without any major design changes. Recent spyshots suggest that the new-gen Ecosport is wider and features a more smoother and rounded design. The spare wheel also has been removed in the new model. Engine options include a 1.5 litre naturally aspirated petrol, 1.2 litre turbo petrol (Mahindra sourced) and a 1.5 L TDCi diesel engine. The updated model is expected to launch in June 2021.

FAQs

Q: What new vehicles is Ford planning to launch in India?

A: Ford is planning to launch 3 new cars in the Indian market. The Kuga, Mondeo and Ecosport are the cars which will be introduced in 2020- 2021.

Q: What is the future of Ford in India?

A: Ford and Mahindra have formed a joint venture in which Mahindra owns 51% stake. The rest 49% is owned by Ford. The American carmaker will continue to launch cars under its own brand.

Q: Which ford car is the best in India?

A: The Ecosport is the best-selling Ford car in India. The BS6 model comes with a host of equipment and is great value for money.

Which upcoming ford cars are you waiting for? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Also seeUpcoming Toyota cars in India

Also see – Upcoming SUVs in India

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.